dv9000 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dv9000 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What My Satellite GPS Can Do That Your Road Atlas Can't

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

What My Satellite GPS Can Do That Your Road Atlas Can't Empty
PostSubject: What My Satellite GPS Can Do That Your Road Atlas Can't   What My Satellite GPS Can Do That Your Road Atlas Can't EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Television is not the only 'cool' thing using satellites these days. For anyone who likes to travel or wander, the GPS satellite navigation systems that have been on the market for a few years are handy on-the-road companions. Some automotive manufacturers offer GPS in select car models however GPS can also be purchased after market and can be operated outside of the car as well. Satellite GPS navigates through signals received from the myriad of satellites orbiting earth and is extremely accurate using the maps that are loaded into its memory.
So what does a satellite GPS device offer that a road atlas doesn't? GPS satellite systems provide directions while traveling, generally through voice instructions which allow the person to keep their eyes on the road. No more pulling off to the side of the road to study a map, struggling to read illegible print, or trying to find just the right spot with only a dome light for illumination.
Satellite GPS devices are also 'smart' as many can also provide updates on weather and traffic information and then assist in mapping an alternate route when barriers exist in the pre-planned route. This flexibility and problem solving make it an invaluable tool when traveling in an unfamiliar area.
Satellite GPS devices are also great to use when hiking, camping, cross country skiing, and participating in similar outdoor activities. Their small size and light weight make them a great tool outside of the car and are often recommended by outdoor enthusiasts and organizations for safety purposes.
Most satellite GPS devices sold in the US contain maps and points of interest such as airports, hospitals, and so forth to the tune of over one million locations. However, these devices aren't limited to the boundaries of the US obviously. For those who wish to use the device when traveling outside the country, many devices have flash cards which can be used to download the appropriate maps corresponding with their destination making satellite GPS a great travel companion.
For many potential users an important consideration is ease of use. Many satellite GPS devices, such as the portable Sony Nav-U, are ready to use right out of the box. It has maps and over 1.6 million points of interest loaded into its memory. It offers a full color 3.5' touch screen display and 2-way speaker system. Cost of an average satellite GPS device is in the range of $400 to $600 dollars but given years of good service and flexibility of use it would seem an excellent investment.
In the world of navigation or route finding, it seems that satellite GPS devices will eventually put basic road maps and compasses into the same realm as typewriters and carbon paper.
Back to top Go down
https://dv9000.forumotion.com

What My Satellite GPS Can Do That Your Road Atlas Can't
Page 1 of 1